Easycoat - Epoxy Floor Paint
Vendor: Virtus Resins
Easycoat is our high build, easy to apply epoxy floor paint. It is a two pack, solvent free, hard wearing and is available in a range of attractive colours. It is designed to give excellent abrasion and chemical resistance. It is a thick resin and can be applied up to 1mm thick. Even on rough and uneven concrete, Easycoat cures to a smooth, gloss / slightly silky, easily cleanable surface finish, capable of withstanding the toughest of factory conditions.
Concrete, Grano and Steel.
- Floors in processing and manufacturing plants.
- Frequent fork lift truck traffic areas
- Factories and warehousing
- Commercial garages, vehicle repair and maintenance depots
- Aircraft hangers
- Food preparation and storage areas
Easycoat is used in areas where a good wearing and chemical resistant surface is required, such as chemical plant storage areas, laboratories, breweries and general vehicle repair garages.
- Can withstand tough industrial conditions
- Easy to apply
- Gives a hygienic, seamless floor finish which is easy to clean
- Low odour
- Solvent free
- Will not support bacterial growth.
- Can be made decorative with the addition of Virtus PVA Flakes scattered into the wet resin, once dry, sand down any protruding or Flake edges and seal with Easycoat Clear.
- Can be made anti slip with the addition of Virtus Anti-slip Aggregate scattered into the first coat of wet resin.
Easycoat does not normally require a primer. On very weak or porous concrete, it is advisable to prime with Flowprime SF.
Surfaces to be treated must be sound free from oil or other contaminants, flaky paints, laitance and dust. Smooth and dense surfaces must be mechanically abraded to provide a key and all dust
5 kg pack will cover up to 20 square metres in a single coat (2 coats recommended).
Curing Schedule @ 20 ºC
- Working life of full packs - 30 minutes
- Over-coating time (minimum) - 16 -24 hours
- Light foot traffic - 24 hours
- Medium duty traffic - 48 -72 hours
- Full Cure -7 days
Cleaning & Maintenance
Hot water jet washing, detergents, scrubber dryers.
Easycoat does not normally require the use of a primer. When treating extremely weak or porous concrete it is advisable to prime with Flowprime SF.
Pre-mix the coloured resin component before use. Add the hardener component to the coloured resin component and mix using a low speed electric mixer (200 - 500 rpm) fitted with a mixing paddle designed to minimize air entrainment for 3 minutes until homogeneous. Care should be taken to ensure that any material adhering to the sides and bottom of the mixing vessel is thoroughly mixed in otherwise uncured patches may result.
Important: Both liquids are pre-weighed and designed to be mixed together in their entirety. It is essential that the full amounts are mixed together and until homogenous to ensure the product cures correctly and to the desired finish.
Apply by brush or medium pile roller from a paint tray or scuttle avoiding pooling of the coating. Pull back to a tight coat observing the coverage rates. A wet film thickness wheel should be used to check application thickness. Do not apply subsequent coats until the previous coat is completely dry. This will depend on temperature and degree of ventilation. Adequate ventilation and air movement is necessary. Each coat should be applied at right angles to the previous coat in order to minimize imperfections and unevenness overall. Uneven application may lead to differences in shade across the cured floor highlighted by the gloss finish. Gloss levels may vary where substrate porosity is high.
Certain colours are subject to availability
|BLACK||CHARCOAL||MID GREY||DARK GREY|
|LIGHT GREEN||GREEN||CHELSEA BLUE||MIDNIGHT BLUE|
|SAFETY RED||TILE RED||SAHARA||YELLOW|
|LIGHT BLUE||SAFETY YELLOW||BUFF||WHITE|
Easycoat Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheets