Vendor: Virtus Resins
Flowdur MD is a 4 - 6 mm heavy duty flow applied polyurethane floor topping for use on concrete and polymer modified cementitious screeds. Flowdur MD is designed with the highest order of durability, impact, abrasion and chemical resistance. Its easy to clean, smooth, matt finish makes the product ideal for environments such as the food, beverage, engineering and chemical industries.
Seamless, smooth matt finish.
Warehouses, laboratories, food preparation, areas in need of chemical resistant flooring.
Features & Benefits
- Flow applied - rapid installation
- High chemical resistance
- Non-tainting and non-dusting
- High abrasion resistance
- Easy to clean
4 - 6 mm depending on application rate and number of coats.
Typical Properties 28 days at 20 ºC
- BS 8204-6 Type 7
- Adhesive strength to concrete (BS EN 1504-2): Shore D Hardness > 1.5 Mpa 75
- Slip resistance (Pendulum Test Value BS 7976-2): ≥ 60 dry
- The typical physical properties given above are derived from testing in a controlled laboratory environment. Results derived from testing field-applied samples may vary dependent upon site conditions.
29.64 kg units comprising of: Polyurethane Resin, Hardener and Aggregate components.
- Cure Schedule @ 20 °C*
- Cure time to light pedestrian traffic ~ 12 hours
- Cure time to light wheeled traffic ~ 24 hours
- Cure time to heavy duty traffic ~ 48 hours
- Full chemical resistance ~ 7 days
* These cure times are approximate and given as a guide only. These times can vary due to prevailing site conditions.
Please see Technical Data Sheet for further information.
Prior to mixing, the temperature of the three components must be between 15 and 25 ºC. Pre-mix the coloured resin component before use.
Add the hardener component to the coloured resin component and mix using a low speed electric mixer (300 - 400 rpm) for 1 - 2 minutes until homogeneous. Decant the mixture into a rotary drum mixer and add the aggregate component in stages, mixing for a minimum of 3 minutes until a uniform coloured, lump-free mix is obtained.
Apply the mixture immediately onto pre-primed areas, level to the required thickness using a steel float then de-aerate using a spiked roller. Spiked rolling should be carried out within three minutes of application in order to avoid interfering with flow and surface finish. Ensure that anchor grooves are fully wetted out with material.
The cured product should be protected from other trades using Kraft paper or similar breathable material. Polythene should not be used. Protect the installed floor from damp, condensation and water for at least 4 days.
Certain colours can be made to order subject to availability.
|GREEN||DARK BLUE||MID GREY||DARK GREY|
Flowdur MD Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheets
Flowdur MD Resin
Flowdur MD Hardener
Flowdur MD Aggregate