Strongcoat Anti-slip Primer
Vendor: Virtus Resins
2 pack solvent-free epoxy primer for powerfloated surfaces.
Will improve adhesion on hard smooth, non-porous difficult surfaces and porous substrates. Specifically designed to be used together with Strongcoat Anti-slip system.
- Solvent-Free, environmentally friendly
- Low viscosity-giving easy application
- Good “wetting out” and penetration properties
- Excellent adhesion to difficult substrates
- Good curing performance at low temperatures
4.5 kg Composite Packs:
Part A (3.25 kg) - Epoxy primer
Part B (1.25 kg) - Curing Agent
4.5Kg Composite Pack covers 18-27m2 per coat (0.17 - 0.25Kg/m2 per coat).
One coat is generally sufficient.
Inadequate preparation will lead to loss of adhesion and failure. In coatings, there is a tendency for the finish to mirror imperfections in the substrate. For concrete substrates, grinding or light vacuum contained shot-blasting is therefore preferred over planing for these Systems. Refer to the Virtus Guide to Surface Preparation.
New Concrete Floors:
New Concrete must be at least 4 weeks old before considering coating the substrate or moisture less than 5%. The surface must be clean, sound, dry and fully cured and surface latience removed preferably by enclosed shot blasting or mechanical grinding.
Existing Concrete Floors:
Remove all dirt, oil, grease or other surface contaminants by enclosed shot blasting, scarification or mechanical grinding. Fats ,oils or greases must be removed by mechanical means and detergent washing.
Strongcoat Anti-slip Primer (see separate data sheet) must be used on highly polished/ power floated floors. Open, porous substrates will require priming.
- 1. Add the smaller tin containing PART B - CURING AGENT to the bigger tin containing PART A - EPOXY RESIN .
- 2. Ensure mixing of the combined materials is done thoroughly using a spatula, wide bladed tool and or drill assisted paint mixing tool (on its lowest speed setting). ALWAYS ENSURE A SPATULA IS USED TO MIX ANY UNMIXED MATERIALS FROM THE SIDES OR THE BOTTOM OF THE TIN.
- 3. It is suggested that continuous mixing is maintained for at least 3 minutes until an even colour and uniform consistency is achieved. Over mixing must be avoided to reduce air entrainment. DO NOT MIX MORE THAN ONE PACK AT A TIME.
Store between 15°C - 25°C for at least 8 hours before use.
- The ambient temperatures of the areas should not be allowed to fall below 10°C throughout the application and curing period.
- Surface temperatures must be above 5°C, in cases where the temperature is higher than 30°C, the surface should be dampened with water.
- Apply by brush or medium pile sheepskin roller ensuring the product is well worked into the surface.
- Do not exceed the coverage rates stated above.
- DO NOT OVER ROLL.
- Floor areas should be cross-rolled to ensure even application and to minimise roller marks.
- Second coat can be applied after 12-18 hours and should be completed within 5 days of initial coat, if left for longer than 5 days, the surface should be abraded pre-second coat.
Strongcoat Anti-Slip PrimerTechnical Data Sheet