Flowseal P1 Clear - Polyurethane Sealer
Vendor: Virtus Resins
Flowseal P1 is a single pack, economical dustproofer recommended for use in areas subject to heavy wear. It’s a low cost alternative to coloured resin floor coatings.
The dust proofer sealant will impregnate porous concrete and also act as a strengthening agent to the surface. 2 coats are recommended and to really soak into the surface we recommend mixing the first coat with 20% Virtus Flowsolve. Once cured no more dust will be created or enter the working environment. Furthermore the floor will be stronger and more durable.
Benefits & Features
- Polyurethane based floor seal
- Ready to use, one pack product, no mixing required
- Perfect for dust proofing food preparation areas, engineering spaces, plant rooms, storage areas, factories & warehousing
- Increases the durability and strength of the surface
- Makes cleaning easier and quicker
- Easy to apply by brush, soft sweeping broom or roller
- Transparent clear gloss finish with a brownish hue
- Available in 5kg and 25kg units
- 45m² coverage per 5kg
- 0.2mm application thickness with 2 coats
- 2 coats recommended for an even finish
- Great for use in areas subjected to heavy wear
- Suitable for foot traffic in 16 hours
- Suitable for heavy traffic in 36 hours
Flowseal bonds well to concrete, grano, wood and metals. It should not be used directly on asphalt without prior priming with Flowprime D.S.
Brown during application but dries clear with a brown hue.
To be assured of maximum adhesion and properties from Virtus resin products the correct surface preparation is essential. We recommend shot blasting to give the floor a key and diamond grinding to remove old tougher coatings.
Flowseal P1 exhibits good resistance to a wide range of chemicals, oils, petrol etc., but it is not recommended as a chemical resistant finish. Floor seals can be readily damaged by impact and chemicals can then attack the concrete from underneath the seal.
45m² per 5kg. Two coats are required.
At 20 degrees, it will be suitable for foot traffic after 16 hours, heavy traffic after 36 hours and full cure within 3-4 days.
Flowseal floors can be readily cleaned by mopping with a proprietary detergent solution.
Average 60 μm per coat.
Flowseal does not usually require a primer but on well compacted non-porous concrete, an addition of 20% Flowsolve is recommended to assist penetration of the first coat. If using this product on asphalt you should prime with Flowprime DS first.
Flowseal contains solvents and should only be used in well ventilated areas. Application temperature 0-30° C. Maximum moisture content of 75% RH.
Flowseal does not usually require a primer but on well compacted non-porous concrete, an addition of 20% Flowsolve is recommended to assist penetration of the first coat.
Transfer the mixed product into a paint tray and apply by brush or roller, pushing the Flowseal out as thinly as possible. Avoid “pooling” as this will produce soft spots
Flowseal P1 Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheets